03 Apr Chain letter
A chain letter came across my email a few years back, asking us to name the 25 things that most identified us. Here are mine:
1. Although I dearly love Atlanta, I’d love to live in NYC, at least for a year.
2. My favorite art form is graffiti. When I walked Paris back in 2021, I spent most of my time in alleyways. I never stepped foot in the Louvre.
3. Wish I could have apprenticed for the southern Louisiana architect A. Hays Town.
4. Auburn University holds a very special place in my heart. Ah, the memories, the stories…
5. Yes, I wore one of those hoop skirts as an Azalea Trail Maid in Mobile.
6. I’ve taken flying lessons.
7. One of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta is the cafeteria at the DeKalb Farmer’s Market. They serve foods from all over the world and have the best dessert counter in town.
8. My first car was a red ‘66 Corvette Stingray. My father actually bought it for himself but my mother said, “Hell, no!” So, I got it.
9. In my next life I’m going to be rich and not so damn good looking.
10. I loved being an Air Force brat. Some of my fondest memories are from growing up in El Salvador and sitting behind the pilot’s seat as my Dad flew to Panama.
11. I love everything about Maine, thanks to my sister, Michele.
12. In my senior year in high school I skipped a class. I was caught and sent to the principal’s office … by my own mother, who taught at my school.
13. My husband’s bout with cancer changed my life.
14. At age 27, I opened my first advertising business. To this day I’m thankful for Jeff and Allison who made it work and kept it fun (our company retreats were in the Bahamas and Cancun).
15. I caddied for my husband in the British Open qualifying round.
16. I’m very Southern. Although I love the traditions, etiquette and formality … I don’t like sweet tea.
17. I was taught in the fourth grade that my non-Christian friends would not go to heaven. Believe it or not, I worried about that for years. I know better now.
18. I’m a Scorpio. Don’t cross me.
19. I keep my passport up-to-date at all times. Give me the opportunity and I’ll jump on an airplane and go anywhere. On my to-see list are South Africa, Vietnam, St. Petersburg, plus I want to go back to El Salvador.
20. Growing up, I played golf and jumped horses.
21. One of the TV commercials I designed was shown at the Cannes Film Festival.
22. I’d rather have a gift certificate to Home Depot than to Neiman’s. In my next life I will be a builder.
23. I’ve lived in 10 different cities in my lifetime: Montgomery, Salt Lake City (Ogden), Warner Robins, Alexandria, San Salvador, Mobile, Auburn, Birmingham, Houston, and Atlanta.
24. My favorite visual is the water at Isla Mujeres … layers of aqua, teal, azure, turquoise, cerulean, robin egg blue, viridian and seafoam green.
25. I was extremely shy growing up. I wouldn’t go to movies because it required talking to the lady in the ticket booth. Now I talk too much.