A chain letter came across my email a few years back.We were asked to name the 25 things that most identified us. I smiled when I re-read it, and felt it was worth sharing:
Here are my 25 things:
1. Although I absolutely love Atlanta, I wish I could live in NYC, at least for a year.
2. I’m a social climber… totally enthralled with the new social media, anything interactive — LinkedIn, MeetUp, Twitter, Flash, new apps, FaceBook, groups, you name it.
3. Wish I could have apprenticed for A. Hays Town.
4. Auburn University holds a very special place in my heart. Ah, the memories, the stories…
5. Yes, I wore one of those hoop skirts as an Azalea Trail Maid in Mobile.
6. I’ve taken flying lessons.
7. One of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta is the cafeteria at the DeKalb Farmer’s Market. I know I’m weird. They serve foods from all over the world and have the best dessert counter in town.
8. My first car was a red ‘66 Corvette Stingray. But my favorite was the Alfa Romeo. There’s nothing like driving with no top!
9. In my next life I’m going to be rich and not so damn good looking.
10. I loved being an Air Force brat. My fondest memories were growing up in El Salvador and sitting behind the pilot’s seat as my Dad flew to Panama. That’s where I learned Spanish.
11. I love everything about Maine, thanks to my sister, Michele.
12. My senior year in high school I skipped a class. I was caught and sent to the principal’s office…by my mother. She taught at my high school.
13. My husband’s bout with cancer changed my life.
14. At age 27, I opened my first advertising business. To this day I’m thankful for Jeff and Allison who made it work and made it fun (our company retreats were in the Bahamas and Cancun).
15. I caddied for my husband in the British Open qualifying round.
16. I’m very Southern. Although I love the tradition, etiquette, and formality…I don’t like sweet tea.
17. I was taught in the fourth grade that my non-Christian friends would not go to heaven. Believe it or not, I worried about that for 20 years. I know better now.
18. I’m a Scorpio. Don’t cross me.
19. I keep my passport up-to-date at all times. Give me the opportunity and I’ll jump on a airplane and go anywhere. On my to-see list are South Africa, Vietnam, Hong Kong…and I want to go back to El Salvador. Add Brazil to that list, too.
20. Growing up, I played golf and jumped horses.
21. One of my TV spots was shown at the Cannes Film Festival.
22. My husband claims I’d rather have a gift certificate to Home Depot than to Neiman’s. I would love to be a builder.
23. I’ve lived in 10 different cities in my lifetime: Montgomery, Salt Lake City (Ogden), Warner Robins, Alexandria, San Salvador, Mobile, Auburn, Birmingham, Houston, and Atlanta. I WILL add NYC to that list.
24. My favorite visual is the water at Isla Mujeres…layers of aqua, teal, azure, turquoise, cerulean, robin egg blue, viridian and seafoam green.
25. I was extremely shy growing up. I wouldn’t go to movies because it required talking to the lady in the ticket booth. Now I talk too much.
Maybe not a whole year, but I’m moving to NY for the month of July. Why, why did it take me so long to make this happen?